Visit from Grandma & Grandpa

My parents came for a few days last week.  We had a lot of fun.  Wednesday was my dad's birthday so I made Dijon Crusted Tilapia and tiramisu with the gluten-free lady fingers I found at the natural food store.  



Thursday was our anniversary, but Albert had to study and I had to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy so we took my parents to see the house so they could give us their opinion.  They liked the house a lot and pointed out some things that need fixing that we hadn't noticed so that was helpful.

We also checked out a New Mexican restaurant Casa de Benavidez.  Albert and my dad both had the sopapilla burger with green chili sauce and my mom and I both had the special which was carne adovada enchiladas.  We didn't really know what they were, but realized that it could be spicy when we noticed the meat was red.  It was so hot!  I'm not much for spicy stuff so I was pretty proud of myself for eating the whole thing.  The waiter mentioned later that he was impressed that we chose that because he still can't bring himself to eat it.  While I won't be getting that meal again, the rest of the meal was good, and the ambiance can't be beat.  We ate outside and it was lovely.


Friday evening my parents came over to babysit after I put Quentin to bed and Albert and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner.  It was even better than I remember.  It was so nice to go out just the two of us and talk about how fun it would be to use our fondu set out on our back patio once we move in to our new house and get our stuff shipped from Virginia.  Afterwards we went to The Avengers in 3D, which was excellent.  It was filmed in Albuquerque so everyone here has been particularly excited about it.  It was a lot funnier than I anticipated.  Thanks to both sets of parents for contributing financially to our date night extravaganza :)

On Saturday morning we took some pictures before they headed out of town.  Come back soon! 




Comments

Popular Posts