Every Christmas as a kid we would go to Utah and visit my Grandma who would make ebelskivers on Christmas morning. I made them in 2009 from a recipe I found on-line, but this year my mom sent me my grandma's recipe. She's a full Dane so her recipe has some legitimacy.
Quentin LOVED them and ate like eight of them, which is quite substantial for an almost two-year-old.
- 2 c flour
- 2 T sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 c milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- oil for cooking
- ebelskiver pan and hook (I used a fondue fork)
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Whip egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Add milk and egg yolks to dry ingredients, mix until incorporated.
- Folk in egg whites.
- Preheat pan on medium heat. Add 1 T oil to each cup.
- Ladle about 2 T batter into each cup. Cook until edges are browning. Use a hook or pick to turn and cook until golden brown.