Dinner with Hillary

On Monday, December 7 I was invited by my work to go to a fancy dinner to honor Secretary Hillary Clinton. I ended up sitting super close to her, probably 3 ft. She and the Secret Service passed right by me on their way to her chair. Sweet seats! As you may recall I actually met Secretary Clinton before, but it's always nice to meet the leaders of your country. I took pictures until someone told me not to. They aren't all that great because I didn't use the flash.

I really enjoyed the salad dressing which had maple syrup in it. We were allowed to eat the salad, but didn't get our tasty beef until after Hillary spoke which was close to 9 PM. I left after I finished the main course so I didn't get to enjoy the dessert bar. I figured I wouldn't be able to eat any of it anyway since most desserts have gluten in them.

Hopefully the higher ups from my company sitting at my table didn't look down on me for taking pictures and leaving early. Oh well. It's not like I'd be invited to a better dinner than that!

Comments

kimi + joe said…
You're rubbing elbows with DC's elite...this place is wild. I'm glad you had a fun evening - that maple syrup dressing sounds marvelous.
Karissa Kay said…
How neat! I'm glad you took pictures!

Popular Posts