Hillary comes to USAID

Friday, January 23, the day we left to Wyoming, I got an email saying that Secretary Hillary Clinton was coming to USAID. I told Albert and he insisted on tagging along. I was able to get him in and it was a good thing too because he took some really great pictures.

Here's where we were sitting relative to the platform where she was. We were late getting in but managed to worm our way to the front where people where sitting on the floor. While we were waiting for Mrs. Clinton they set out some more chairs and Albert was able to snag one and I moved to the the area on the right where people where sitting on the floor in front of the VIPs sitting on the front row.


Here I am waiting on the side before I moved closer to the stage.


She was about a half hour late, but that's to be expected. Here she comes with her entourage made up of USAID leadership.


Secretary Clinton and Dr. Kent Hill, Acting Administrator for USAID.


If you're actually interested in hearing what she had to say, either written or on video, click here. I thought it was good. She told us exactly what we wanted to hear...more $$ for development!


After her speech she left the room by going through the aisle right by us and we were both able to shake her hand. Albert also managed to get a photo with her.


Comments

Popular Posts