Easter Weekend

My parents came into town on April 3rd and insisted Albert and I go on a date.  Of course we went (after I went to the mall with my parents and bought a fantastic vest and new workout outfit on clearance with coupons)! We went to our favorite place in the Albuquerque area, Indigo Crow Cafe.  

We had the wrapped brie for our appetizer and it was delicious!  Albert had the filet (like always) and I had the special, salmon on risotto.  Nothing better than eating truly delicious food, where you want to savor every bite!



On Saturday while Albert was at work, we watched conference and then dropped by the mall where I bought two new dresses on sale for $10 each at Old Navy and we ate lunch.  

We watched more conference and then when Albert came home from work we colored Easter eggs and then he went shooting with my dad.  My mom and I made ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, spiralized sweet potatoes, and roasted carrots for Easter dinner :)

Albert worked again on Easter and my parents left at about 9:00 AM so it was pretty low-key.  The boys did manage to eat all of their Easter candy in one day!  They still had candy left over from last Easter so I was pretty surprised.  Oh well, now we don't have to worry about it anymore.



I bought all the presents at the Dollar Tree.  I didn't get that many things.  I decided next year were going to just buy outside toys for Easter and maybe a chocolate bunny, but otherwise no candy.  Then I'll get some candy on sale the next day and have all their Easter candy be in the Easter egg hunt we'll do on Tuesday!


I made multi-grain waffles out of my mix from Trader Joe's and grain-free pancakes for my mom who is gluten-free (you can find that recipe here -- they're my fave) for breakfast.  The boys and I watched General Conference until Dad came home from work!


Comments

Popular Posts