New Year's Progress

We didn't do anything for New Year's!  I went to bed early and Albert stayed up by himself.  Since my new goal is to go to bed at 10:30 pm and wake-up at 6:45 am I felt like I couldn't mess up on the first day! I took this picture of the newly fallen snow and the sunrise out our window on January 1.



Here's my sweaty pic after my New Year's workout - Les Mills Combat Power HIIT!


Another one of my goals is to do personal development everyday.  In Beachbody (which is an awesome company bytheway) they encourage all the coaches to read 10 minutes of a personal development book everyday. I haven't been super consistent recently so I wanted to make it a goal. 

I am switching between this one and "Push" by Chalene Johnson which is great for getting you organized and making goals.  "The End of Overeating" really explains why we can't stop eating in scientific terms.  It's my first nutritional book and it's pretty exciting :)  I'm also listening to some of the "Book of Mormon" everyday, except for Sunday when I listen to a talk from General Conference.


My main focus this year is making new habits.  I'm a firm believer that all those little things you do everyday make a big difference in the weeks, months, and years to come and writing things down is really key. I created a fitness journal where I write down everything I eat and my exercises I do.  I also put in my fitness goals and what I read for personal development and in the Book of Mormon.  

I want to find a way of eating that makes me feel good AND that I can maintain.  I love sweets and I can't just do away with them, but I don't want to feel guilty every time I eat something.


I did a comparison of me in Jan 2014 and one in Jan 2015.  I have cut my hair and lost 15 lbs!  You can see my face is a little thinner, which I didn't expect.  I have also gone down three pant sizes!  Being healthy (in all aspects of your life) is definitely a process and a balancing act, but I'm happy that I'm moving in the right direction :)

Comments

Popular Posts