PiYo Challenge

After eight weeks I have finally finished my PiYo challenge on August 23.  I have totally revamped my eating and started working out at 6:00 AM every morning.  I didn't do more than one PiYo workout a day although I did buy a couple of groupons before I started this challenge so I had to do live PiYo workouts once a week and I did start doing occasional yoga and barre classes.  

I have loved working out from home, which I really didn't think I would.  I had been going to a zumba class at church which was fun, but really time consuming because I had to go at 9:30 AM and so I couldn't really do anything before hand and by the time I was done it was lunch time.  Now I'm done working out by about 7:00 AM and I can move on with my day.

I'm also much stronger than I was before.  It really works you, especially your arms and core and pretty much everywhere.  I'm not going to lie though I don't think I'll be doing PiYo for awhile.  I need a break after doing it for so long :) I have to have variety!

I was able to lose 7 lbs and 8 total inches! I didn't think I would lose any since I was already at my pre-pregnancy weight :)  I have been thinking about becoming a coach for a little while and I finally decided to do it on August 14.  I have an awesome coach and I'm learning a TON!  I really liked the idea of all the personal development. I've watched a lot of videos of these top coaches talking about being a coach and they are amazing and inspiring and I really want to be like that.  

I feel like I have so much more potential in life and this is a way I can grow personally and help others along the way. Just learning and growing, doing something besides wiping butts, and helping people have the same great experience I have. I have already had way more training than I ever had at any of my other jobs and my coach doesn't mind if I ask her a ton of menial questions.  My old boss minded, in fact that was one of the main things he brought up at my review :)

It has definitely been a life-changer for me.  I feel so much more confident and I know being able to coach people through the same process is going to be very rewarding.  I never would have done this if I hadn't been converted to the product myself.  I'm not a super outgoing person who enjoys talking to everyone about products I use, but this has been really different for me and I feel being healthy and feeling confident in your own skin is SOOO important.  

It goes right a long with my religious beliefs.  We have the Word of Wisdom which teaches us to avoid drugs, tobacco, tea, and coffee and to wake-up early and go to bed at a decent time.  It also teaches us to eat healthy and in moderation.  I believe taking care of your body is key for your spirit. How are you going to help others if you don't have any energy?  How are you going to feel the Spirit in your life if you're sick all the time?

I'm going to have a free challenge at first to get my feet wet.  I'll be using Chalene Johnson's 7 Day Diet ebook.  So we'll see how that goes!!

Comments

Popular Posts