Smartphone Couponing

I've been doing a lot of couponing and getting a lot of great deals, mostly at Target where you can combine Target coupons, manufacturer coupons, and Cartwheel coupons on top of sale prices.  Plus there are some rebate apps that you can use for your groceries.  You just submit a picture of your receipt and then you can transfer your money to your PayPal account or you can redeem your money as gift cards.  I talked about this on another post, but I've found more since then.  I really love these because I now have money for frivolous things.  Not that I can't buy them normally, but I feel less restricted/guilty about it when it's from my PayPal account that's totally separate from our household money or as gift cards to stores where I like to shop.  

An example is that I bought a bottle of 7th Generation dish soap that retails for $3.19 at Target.  There is a $1/1 manufacturer coupon on coupons.com and a $1/1 Target coupon.  Then I submitted a rebate on ibotta for another $1/1.  In the end I paid $.19 for a big bottle of quality dish soap. 

ibotta: So far I've earned and redeemed $14.50.  I just transferred it over to my my PayPal account where I can buy things online.  You only have to have $5 in your account to transfer to PayPal. You have to go to certain stores like Target, CVS, Sams Club, and Smith's.  They are regional so they'll have different stores in your area. They have coupons like $.75 off of Special K, $.50 off of milk, $.75 off of Halos.  How many times do you get a coupon for milk? If you want this app go through my referral link and you will earn a $2 bonus! http://ibotta.com/r/cTeVdg

checkout51: This app is not store specific unless otherwise noted so that's nice.  The only drawback is that you have to have $20 to cashout so I still haven't cashed out although I've earned $10.50 in a month.  Right now they have $.50 off any bacon, $.25 off apples, $1 off All laundry detergent.  They also have milk and egg coupons occasionally. 

Shopmium: This app isn't store specific and it automatically transfers your earnings to PayPal, you don't have to wait to redeem them.  They have $.50 off Fage Greek Yogurt, $1 off Babybel cheese right now. You can get a a FREE Lindt chocolate bar if you sign up with Shopmium using my referral code: GYMKAMPM.

SavingStar: This app only works for stores that have loyalty cards.  You add your loyalty card to your account and then add whatever coupons you want.  You don't have to take pictures of your receipts because the store send the information to the app.  Apparently this takes a long time.  I bought a couple of things at CVS on Saturday and it hasn't been applied to my account yet.  It says this could take up to a month. You only need $5 to cash out and can transfer to PayPal.  They have coupons like a free Reese's Peanut Butter egg, 20% off sweet potatoes, and $.75 off Cheerios.

Viggle: You check into shows on tv or songs and you can earn extra points for checking into certain shows, usually during prime time.  You can viggle for up to 12 hours a day and there are extra bonus points for watching commericals.  Albert is a master Viggler and we have earned a few hundred thousand points each in the last six months or so.  They make it tricky to redeem your points.  You can buy items, but it takes a lot points to do that, like over a million for the good stuff.  They have gift cards, but not all the time so you have to check and redeem them whenever you can.  I've gotten $10 gift cards for Sephora, JCPenney's (2), and Old Navy and a $25 gift card to Amazon so I can get all the clothes and jewelry I want totally free!

Comments

Popular Posts