Valentine's Day



It has been a very busy week.  We had the missionaries over for dinner on Monday, I went visiting teaching on Tuesday morning, Thursday we had Toddler Time at the library and I visited a young woman in the evening, and Friday I had to get everything ready for a breakfast for the 12-13 year old gals from church on Saturday morning and babysitting on Saturday evening.  Albert made dinner for Valentine's Day and even brought home some lovely flowers :)

Albert has been going through a tough time with his training, which seems to be totally normal, but it's frustrating and the idea of having to go through this for 4-5 more years is daunting.  The only advice we get is to take it one day at a time. It's so tempting to throw in the towel and ask to go to a small tower where he could be done with training in one year.  We were looking at houses online in Richmond, VA.  I'd love to move back to Virginia and I've always thought Richmond would be an ideal location.  We love our house here though and we had to do a short sale on Albert's house in Florida so we can't buy another house for like seven years and I don't think I can live in a rental for that long.

The good news this week is that I discovered I now fit into my skinny pants!  I haven't done anything as far as diet goes, but I have been more aggressive in my zumba workouts.  I didn't fit into these particular pants until Quentin was about 15-16 months old (right when I got pregnant with Wyatt) so I made good time this time around.

I've been feeling a lot better about my appearance since I started doing the Dressing Your Truth program.  Ever since I had Quentin I've had a hard time with clothes because I didn't really fit into my old ones anymore and I wasn't going to work.  So I started to buy new clothes, but they weren't very flattering and I was having a hard time with casual clothes.  I like posting all my new outfit combinations on my instagram account.

The other thing I've been busy doing is couponing!  I love me some good deals and I've been getting back into it.  My favorite thing is to match coupons to things I find on clearance.  They had purses on clearance at JCPenney's for 80% off plus I had a 20% off coupon so I finally got the purse I've been looking for less than half as much I was planning on spending.  We have a ton of food and bath products now.

Wyatt has four teeth now, two on the bottom and two on top.  He is really becoming a big boy.  He scoots and rolls all over the place and likes to explore everything, opening all the cupboards.  With Quentin I didn't like letting him feed himself because he would get so dirty, but I love giving Wyatt food he can eat himself so I can do other things.  It takes so much time to spoon feed him!  He likes to clap and shove his fingers up our noses.  He loves to laugh and smile and will automatically laugh if you start laughing.  

Quentin has been having a tough time, being almost three and all.  He throws fits a lot about ridiculous things and he can be so so stubborn.  I've been checking out the "Child Whisperer" again and there are some great ideas I wish I was better at implementing especially when things get rough and everyone is frustrated.  One tip I've found that helps with Quentin, since he's more emotionally connected to the world, is to give lots of hugs.  Things seem to go so much smoother if I can hold him or cuddle him a little more than I usually would.

Comments

Popular Posts