Stuffing pork chops are a very homey meal and it was fun having it again after many years. This recipe was found on AllRecipes.com. I used a box of stuffing instead of making the bread crumbs myself and added the celery and onions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 box of stuffing
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown chops, turning once, and transfer to a shallow baking dish. Add water, and cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- When chops are almost done, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir celery and onions until onions are translucent. Stir in stuffing (follow directions on box) and poultry seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, then spoon stuffing over chops and return to the oven. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more, or until no longer pink in the center.'