With a little help from my friends

Wyatt at two weeks

I've been so thankful for my in-laws helping out this week.  I'm not sure how we're going to wing it next week when they leave.  I've been able to put Quentin down for his nap and to bed while they take care of Wyatt and all our cooking and cleaning is done automatically.  I haven't washed a dish or changed very many of Quentin's diapers.  It's been great.  I've tried almost every Filipino dish now and I can say that I haven't had one that I haven't liked.  I also like quail eggs, which I was always afraid to try. They are very creamy. I usually am not that adventurous when we go to Florida and hadn't really tried very many dishes.  

Some women from church brought over a meal and the Young Women in the congregation made us a frozen meal and both made us cute blankets for Wyatt.

Wyatt had his first bath this week, which he hated. We've gotten a lot better at giving the bath so he's liking it more now.  His hair is so fluffy and cute after we wash it.  He's been waking up at 2 AM, 4 AM, and 6 AM.  Some days I can get him to go back down until 8 AM while Albert and his parents take care of Quentin.  It's been a lifesaver.  I'm really hoping to knock out that 4 AM feeding at some point.  I try to take a nap everyday, but that doesn't always happen.

Tuesday Wyatt had is two week appointment. He weighed 7 lbs 3 oz, almost a whole pound more than his last appointment and over his birth weight.  He is really starting to fill out and is getting bigger every day.  The doctor said he looks great!

Albert's sister's husband had work in Albuquerque on Thursday so he was able to visit for a few days. He helped Albert and his dad on the yard.  They put in rubber mulch where our new-to-us play set is and installed fake grass from Costco (my in-laws have a membership).  It looks great and is almost done.  They have been so busy working on it all of Albert's weekend. I'm really looking forward to being able to send Quentin outside and have something he can play on besides rocks.

Comments

Popular Posts