Home Tour: Kitchen

We finally finished painting the kitchen so we show the results.  Here is the before picture with the red and green paint.  The previous owner used the kitchen so infrequently the bottom oven still had the packaging in it.  


We painted it the same color as the living room and dining room. The kitchen was definitely one of the things that sold me on this house.  I really wanted a double oven. 


We bought the "EAT" sign from Home Goods and the fork and spoon are from Target.  Someday I'd really like to change the back splash to some pretty glass tile, but that won't be happening anytime soon.  We'd also like to move the microwave from above the stove.  It gets really hot and I'd rather have a fan there.  


Here is the inside of our pantry.  I've done very little in the organization department.  I bought the baskets from the Dollar Tree, which is one of my favorite stores, especially for organizing.


The previous owner put in new appliances (mostly Bosch), we just bought the LG fridge, which we covered the side with magnets we have purchased from our travels.  I won a $50 gift certificate from D. Lawless Hardware on the I Heart Organizing blog back in June and we used it to buy the stainless steal bar handles that Albert installed.  They ended up costing us only a few dollars after the gift certificate.  They seem to be much cheaper than at Lowes.


This was an old bulletin board that Albert covered with some leftover material I had.  This desk is generally much more cluttered with paperwork since we haven't found a good solution for all the mail, but we cleaned it off for the photos.


Looking in to the living room from the kitchen.  I have a great view of Quentin playing while still having the kitchen a little closed off from the main area.  I love this open concept, but still having a separation.  Albert installed lights under the cabinets since the kitchen doesn't have the best lighting.  



We bought these Rev-A-Shelf 2-Tier Metal Pull Out Cabinet Basket and Rev-A-Shelf 2-Tier Metal Pull Out Cabinet Basket from Lowes.  They have been wonderful.  Quentin can't really get the pots and pans out and has pretty much left them alone since Albert install these.  He also installed soft close mechanisms on all the cabinets, which makes it feel high end.

Comments

Popular Posts