Valentine's Day 2013

After much confusion over where my Valentine's Day gift was, it finally arrived on the 14th.  Albert had been on the phone with Target for hours talking to different people all with different explanations as why our tracking number said it was delivered to California. Albert gave me a lovely necklace and earring set along with the new Kindle Fire HD for Valentine's Day.  I gave him beef jerky and a card.  He's a bit of an overachiever when it comes to gift giving.


I decided to get out our fondue pot and have a special family dinner inspired by this post on a new blog put together by some friends from my DC days.  Quentin decided he'd rather have chicken nuggets than our cheese course, but was more than happy to join us for the chocolate.  That kid loves sweets, especially chocolate.  One of the few things he inherited from me.  He surprised us with his funny reaction to a sugar cookie dipped in chocolate.  It really blew his mind :)  He cracks me up.  Where does he come up with this stuff?



The day after Valentine's Day I made sure I hit up Walgreens to get my 50% off candy and on Saturday I went to Target to check out their clearance.  Albert bought filet mignon that he grilled for another special meal on Friday night.  It was like we went to the Melting Pot and Ruth's Chris in two days.  We're spoiled that way.  Man I love holidays, even when we stay in.

Comments

Popular Posts