Recipe of the Week: Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
These are easy and tasty. Of course how could you go wrong with all that butter! The great thing about slow cooker mashed potatoes is that they don't have any lumps in them and are super easy to mash after being in the crockpot for so long. I found this recipe on Pinterest, but you can find it here.
- 5 lbs sierra gold potatoes or red potatoes, diced with peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups milk, warmed
- Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours.
- Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Keep warm on low until serving.
- Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.