This is from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. It has a nice flavor and you can use it in a salad or a taco.
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs of beef chuck roast (halved)
- Kosher salt
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt
- Place halved roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place onions around the roast.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (depending on your slow cooker). Meat should be falling apart.
- Remove roast and place on a cutting board. Shred.
- Remove onions chunks and discard. Pour juices into a separate bowl.
- Place shredded beef back in the slow cooker. Pour desired amount of juices back onto the meat. Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire and garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over salad with favorite toppings. (You can also serve this meat over tortillas as tacos)