Recipe of the Week: Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
I was given a giant zucchini by my visiting teacher so I made these delicious muffins found on All Recipes. I didn't add all the sugar, but I added 1 cup mini chocolate chips. It would be good with walnuts too. I used 1 t pumpkin spice instead of all the different spices called for in the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar and oil. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, and chocolate chips. Mix until just moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack. Store loosely covered.