Trip to Houston

Quentin and I went to visit my dad and his wife in Houston for a few days.  Quentin had some firsts.  It was the first time he was aware of what was going on when we went on the plane and left Dada at the airport.  He was so sad.  I'm not sure how much he really understood about flying, but he did well.

The first full day we were there we went to the mall and rode the carousel.  He eyes the carousel every time we go to the mall and this was the first time he actually rode one.  I tried to talk him into getting on the horse, but he wasn't having it so we sat down in the chair together which was probably better for me too.  I was getting a little nauseous by the end.


That evening we went to Chuck E Cheese.  I hadn't been there since I was like three so it was a new experience for the both of us.  I figured Quentin would be excited to ride the car and train rides he always sits in at Toys R Us and he did like sitting them until I put the tokens in and they started moving.  Then he bailed out.  Come to find out buying tokens was completely unnecessary and my dad had to play a bunch of games and won some tickets.


The next day we went to the Houston Zoo.  Quentin was in heaven.  He loves being outside and he loves animals.  My dad has two dogs and Quentin LOVED them.  He was more excited about those dogs than any of the animals at the zoo, but he still had lots of fun.  Some of my favorites were the komodo dragon, jelly fish, and bats.


I loved the baby monkey with his mamma.  So cute!


We also went to a farmers market and saw turtles at the golf course.  We went to see alligators, but they weren't out.   The Chinatown was a little disappointing.  Overall we had a good time and it was nice to visit "Papa."  

Comments

Popular Posts