Recipe of the Week: Tiramisù

My parents came into town on my dad's birthday so I figured it would be a good time to use the gluten free lady fingers I found at a natural food store by our old apartment. I hadn't made tiramisù (pick me up) in years and it was fun trying it out again. This recipe was one I brought back from Italy.  





Ingredients:

Cream layer:

  • 250 g Mascarpone
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 package crushed amaretti (opt)


Cookie layer:

  • 1 package lady fingers
  • Cocoa (you can use coffee or a coffee substitute as well)
  • warm water
  • sugar


Directions:

  1. Cream layer: Mix yolks with sugar, add whites with soft peaks.  Add mascarpone with mixer.  Add amaretti cookies.
  2. Cookie layer: Mix a couple tablespoons of cocoa with warm water and a little bit of sugar until it is the consistency of coffee and is not really sweet.  Cover ladyfingers briefly in the chocolate water mix and lay in an 82 oz container, layering the bottom.  Add a layer of cream followed by a layer of dipped ladyfingers until all the cookies are gone.  Add a final layer of cream on top of the cookies and dust cocoa on top.  Refrigerate. 

Comments

Popular Posts