Best Big Bro

We have a little announcement to make...we're having another baby!  Quentin is really excited about being a big brother...


Ok, he doesn't quite know what being a brother means yet, but he was excited to see the baby on the tv Friday.


We had our first appointment with our midwife on Monday morning. At our clinic they have four midwives and two obstetricians and you always see a midwife on your first visit. If you have complications then you can see the OB. She was very personable and thorough so I think I'll stick with her. Since the baby is still small we weren't able to hear the heart beat at the appointment, which was a little disappointing. 

When I made the appointment the scheduler was very clear that you will only be offered a first trimester ultrasound if there are complications, but my midwife offered me a first trimester screening during our appointment and of course I accepted. Being able to see the baby move around and hear the heart beat makes it so much more real and I don't have to worry so much.

 

We saw both arms and legs and he or she even gave us a little wave.  The baby didn't move around as much as Quentin did during his initial ultra sound so I'm hoping that means this baby will be a little more mellow :)  They even turned on the 3D for a minute even though you can't really see much at this point.  The ultrasound confirmed our due date of April 1, 2013.


Quentin was really good during the ultrasound.  He held my hand through most of it since he was a little unnerved by the technician putting the wand on my stomach.

Comments

Laura & Tyson said…
Congratulations - that's awesome!
kimi + joe said…
Q's face in that first photo is priceless!! His world is going to be rocked...in a good way. I'm just so thrilled for your guys and your growing family. Makes me sad we're not living close any more. Congrats again and hope all goes well!

Popular Posts