Recipe of the Week: Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia

This was pretty good, but I think it would have been better if I had used regular cornmeal instead of using my medium grit cornmeal I had on hand.  I also used dried parsley and that may have contributed to the lack of flavor.  I found this recipe on Pinterest, but the original is found on One Lovely Life.




Ingredients:
  • 4 tilapia fillets
  • 1/2c cornmeal
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 1/2tsp pepper
  • 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
  • zest of one lemon (reserve lemon to slice into wedges for serving)
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus more if necessary

Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. On a shallow plate, combine cornmeal, salt, pepper, parsley, and lemon zest. Dredge tilapia fillets in the cornmeal mixture. Cook fillets 2 at a time, about 3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side. (Add additional olive oil to the pan if necessary.)
  2. Slice the lemon into wedges and serve with tilapia.

Comments

Popular Posts