President Obama received some flack for not talking to the White House Press Corps for two months and instead had interviews with Entertainment Tonight and a local radio station here in Albuquerque. The President said that a lot of people get their news from these sorts of sources, which might be legitimate, however they asked him questions about his relationship with George Clooney and where is a good place to eat soul food. It got me thinking about what I would ask the president if I were interviewing him, I would be way too embarrassed to ask him any questions about what restaurants he recommends, there are other sources for that. Come on you get one chance to talk to the president of the United States and that's what you want to talk about??
So here are some questions I would ask:
- What do you feel has been your biggest accomplishment in the last 3.5 years? What would you like to be remembered for most?
- What has been the biggest life adjustment in becoming president?
- Has being president impacted your relationships with friends and family? What about your relationship with your wife and daughters?
- What is the best part about having children in the White House?
- Is there something that you wanted to do that ended up being much harder to impliment once you were president? (I'm thinking closing Guantanamo Bay, pulling out of Iraq)
- Was there something that ended up being easier to accomplish than you thought it might be? (maybe repealing don't ask don't tell)
- Was there something that ended up being a much bigger deal than you thought it would be? (flying over NYC?)
- What is something you would like to accomplish, but feel that you won't be able to?
- What is one of your favorite memories of being president? The worst memory?
- We know that there is an investigation going on regarding the security leaks, however, what have you and your administration done to help stop the leaks in the meantime?
- You have been a big supporter of free birth control for all women. Why do you feel that ALL women need free birth control, even those who are able to pay for it? What is stopping the insurance companies from passing on the extra cost to everyone through increased monthly fees, etc? Why didn't you promote a bill providing birth control only to those who cannot afford it?
- You mentioned that you don't feel that government employees should be involved in women's healthcare decisions, wouldn't Affordable Healthcare Act increase government involvement in women's healthcare?
- If things were different politically with Russia and China, would you have invaded Syria?
What would you ask?