Recipe of the Week: Crock Pot Wild Rice

I like to eat wild rice, but not making it.  It takes forever and if something is going to take a long time I would rather not have to tend to it so I found a recipe where I can pop it in the crock pot and forget it until dinner.  My rice turned out perfectly with very little effort on my part.  You can see the recipe on the blog Cook with Sara. I saved the extra in the freezer so it was easy to throw it into a casserole or soup last minute.



Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 cups wild rice
(use a 3 to 1 ratio liquid to rice)

Directions:
  1. Measure the wild rice into the crock pot. 
  2. Add the water and chicken broth. 
  3. Cover the crock pot and turn on
  4. Cook 2 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low. (The first time you do this, stay home and watch it.)  You want most of the liquid to be absorbed and the grains to pop open.
  5. Check it about every hour and give it a stir.

Comments

Popular Posts