Recipe of the Week: Polenta Lasagna
I wanted to make Italian lasagna for Christmas dinner, but couldn't find gluten-free lasagna noodles so I decided to substitute polenta. I used the recipe for lasagna that I posted in 2009. You can find it here. It was labor and time intensive, but really tasty. Good for a special occasion.
- I used my recipe from 2009 for the sauce except I substituted Italian sausage for half of the meat.
- I made Mario Batali's beshamel sauce found here. It was definitely a challenge on the old electric stove we had.
- I made the polenta according to directions and then I spread it out in the pan where I let it set up.
- I layered the meat sauce over the polenta, then the beshamel sauce and topped it off with mozzerella.
- Baked for 30 minutes at 375 degrees covered with tinfoil and then 10 minutes without the tinfoil to brown the cheese.