Recipe of the Week: Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting

For Albert's birthday I decided to make strawberry yogurt cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting.  I used to make yogurt cake as a missionary in Italy and thought Albert would really like it since it isn't as sweet and is super moist.  I found the recipe on Chicho's Kitchen.  The original recipe calls for raspberries, but I used strawberries instead since it went with my frosting.  



Strawberry Yogurt Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup milk 
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1 1/2 cup {Jule's GF} flour 
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 30 raspberries (strawberries)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup oil 


Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven at 350ºF (180ºC). Butter and flour your cake pan. 
  2. In a bowl, mix the milk with the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder and oil. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
  3. Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to the mixture. Mix everything well.
  4. Pour the preparation into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the raspberries evenly across the top of the batter. Gently press them into the batter.
  5. Bake for 40 mn. Leave to cool.

For the frosting I used my friend Morgan's recipe on her baking blog, Sweet & Pink.  It is super good.  I used frozen strawberries so I had to let them thaw and drain so it wouldn't make the frosting runny.  I guess I didn't do that good of a job because it was still pretty thin.  I would recommend using fresh strawberries.  I would highly recommend this recipe.  It is so good!  I made flourless chocolate cupcakes for Morgan's baby shower and the strawberry cream cheese frosting went really great with the chocolate.



Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 2- 4oz packages of room temp. cream cheese
  • 1 stick room temp butter
  • 1lb (or less) confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)- Add this in 1/2 c at a time and keep tasting your frosting until it's the sweetness you like!
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cup crushed/chopped frozen (or fresh) strawberries.

Comments

M + D said…
looks so good! Thanks for the shout out in your blog:) I really MISS you guys!! Sorry I'm not better at keeping in touch but I'm glad I get to see your updates through the blog :) Hope you are doing great
xoxo
Morgs

Popular Posts