Recipe of the Week: Crockpot Applesauce

I made applesauce a bunch of times for Quentin while we were in Oklahoma City because I could get free apples from the pavilion. It was delicious and so, so easy.  You literally just stir and it melts into this wonderful sauce.  

I found the recipe on my friend Liz's blog and just left out the sugar, although the dessert applesauce with ice cream sounds awesome! I also made it with sweet potatoes and increased the cook time to ten hours, also very good.


Ingredients: 

  • 8 medium/large apples, rinsed, peeled, cored and thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 cup water 
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)


Directions: 

  1. Place the apples and the water in a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low heat. 
  2. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice and cook for 30 more mins.

Comments

Popular Posts