Recipe of the Week: Crustless Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Since I love chocolate so much I decided mixing it with a pumpkin pie would be an excellent idea.  I found this recipe on The Chew so I figured it would turn out pretty good and let me tell you I was right!  It was really tasty.  I also found an easy way to make any pumpkin pie crustless just by adding a 1/4 cup of flour.  It is a thousand times easier than trying to make a gluten-free crust since it's hard to find the ready made ones and even if you do, they come at a premium.  If you're a chocoholic like me or just want some variety in your holiday dessert line up, add this to the list.



Ingredients:
  • 3 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (very finely chopped)
  • 6 oz Semisweet Chocolate (chopped)
  • 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cut into small pieces)
  • 1 14 oz Can Pumpkin
  • 1 12 oz Can Evaporated Milk
  • 3/4 cup Packed Light-Brown Sugar
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
  • Pinch of Ground Cloves
  • 1/4 cup of {Jules GF} flour


Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 325F.
  2. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently until smooth, and remove from heat. {I melted it in 30 second intervals at 50% power in the microwave for a couple minutes.}
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, light brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and flour. 
  4. Fold in the chocolate mixture, and pour into pie crust. 
  5. Place pie pan on a baking sheet.  Bake at 325F until center of pie has set, about an hour. 
  6. Refrigerate until cooled completely to serve.

Comments

Popular Posts