Easter

Perhaps it's because our church just had General Conference last weekend, but I'm feeling particularly thankful for the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ this Easter.  Many times in the routine of daily life I forget to remember the most important thing that has ever happened.  That Jesus Christ suffered for all our sins and all the pain in the world, died, and then was lifted up again on the third day so that we can live with Him and our Heavenly Father again after we die in our own resurrected bodies.  Also, the we can find peace in this life is because of Christ.


Since I got pregnant I have been especially sensitive to all the atrocities that happen in this world.  Watching the news can be unbearable at times as I hear about all the horrible things that happen to innocent people, especially children.  Sometimes I feel like May in the "Secret Life of Bees."  The only way I can reconcile all these things is knowing that everything will be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ.

My favorite quote from General Conference last weekend was from President Boyd K. Packer who said, "No pain will last forever. It is not easy, but life was never meant to be either easy or fair. Repentance and the lasting hope that forgiveness brings will always be worth the effort." [quote found here] I love that he said that "no pain will last forever," because I believed subconsciously that pain would last forever if something really, truly bad ever happened in my life.  It helps me remember that through the help of my Savior, I can overcome even really, truly bad things, although I pray that nothing of that sort ever happens.

So this Easter I am celebrating the life of our Savoir, Jesus Christ, that He overcame both physical and spiritual death so that we can all partake of this wonderful gift.  I am also remembering those loved ones who have gone before.  I'm sure they are even more aware and thankful today, joyfully awaiting the day when they will be resurrected as well.

Comments

Popular Posts