Recipe of the Week: Broiled Tilapia with Thai Coconut Curry Sauce
This is one of Albert's all time favorite recipes. Even when I don't have time to make the sauce I still like to broil my tilapia just like the recipe dictates. It's so good! Find the recipe on Skinny Taste.
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add pepper and scallions; cook 1 minute. Stir in curry powder, curry paste, and cumin; cook 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sugar, Asian fish sauce, and coconut milk; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in cilantro or basil if using.
- Brush fish with 1/2 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve fish with sauce, rice, and lime wedges.