Recipe of the Week: Chicken & Vegetable Pot Pie
This is a recipe I make on a rotating basis. It's easy, homey, and something I lived without for a long time that I used to eat frequently before I became gluten free. You can easily substitute regular Bisquick if you're not gluten free, but the recipe for the crust will probably be different. I have also made it with whatever vegetables I had on hand at the time.
- 2 cans (18.5 oz each) Progresso® Rich & Hearty chicken corn chowder
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
- 1 cup cooked cubed chicken
- 3/4 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 3-quart saucepan, heat chowder, vegetables and chicken over medium heat just until hot. Spoon into ungreased 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, egg, butter and parsley with fork until blended. Drop mixture by spoonfuls over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.