One night we were eating taco soup, but we didn't have any tortilla chips so I made some out of corn tortillas using this recipe. They turned out great and were easy. I'm pretty sure they're healthier than the ones you buy at the store.
- 1 package flour tortillas or 1 package corn tortilla
- 2 tablespoons oil
- With a pastry brush, paint a very light coating of oil on one side of each tortilla.
- Stack the tortillas greased side up in an even pile.
- With a sharp, heavy knife (or serrated knife) cut the stack in half, then into quarters, then into eighths.
- Separate the pieces and arrange them greased side up on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Toast the chips in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp and just beginning to brown lightly; watch them closely so they don't become over baked.