Grandpa's Funeral

My Grandpa's funeral was held on January 14.  Many people came to the funeral at the church and I enjoyed hearing all the stories about him.  Quentin was pretty darn good, which was good since we were seated directly behind my grandma in the second pew in the very center so there was no getting out and the meeting lasted over two hours.  Luckily we were seated next to my step-sister's two boys, Brock and Kaden, who distracted my very tired baby for the last half hour while he crawled along on the floor.  

Since my grandpa was a Korean War veteran he was buried with military honors, which was very cool.  I'm bummed I forgot my camera.  Luckily the weather was actually pretty nice.  Quentin slept in the Ergo Carrier and barely flinched when they shot off the guns.  My cousin arranged for all the grandchildren to have a flower to lay on his casket which was really nice and gave us another opportunity to say good-bye.


All of my grandma's eight younger siblings were able to make it.  They are some of the happiest people I've ever met. The bottom picture is my grandma with six of her eight kids.  I'm so glad I was able to go.  After living so far away from family for so long I've gotten used to missing out on family events so it was nice to actually be in attendance.  All my cousins were there too.  I didn't get a chance to really hang out with them, but it was nice to see them.

Comments

Popular Posts