Recipe of the Week: Baked Spinach & Chicken Pasta
This recipe is from here, but I found it on Pinterest. It was pretty good, especially the cheesy part on the top, but it was missing sauce to tie it all together. Maybe a white sauce would do the trick.
- 8 oz. pasta (I used GF quinoa macaroni)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs.), diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set a large pot of water to boil. Once it comes to a rolling boil, salt it and cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, set a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, heat the olive oil then add the chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides – about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and simmer with the chicken until it’s fragrant and begins to turn golden – about 3 minutes.
- Add the salt. spinach and white wine to the skillet and cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, or until the spinach begins to wilt. Toss the contents of the skillet with the pasta and place in a casserole dish. Cover with cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Makes about 8 servings.