ICE! Merry Madagascar at Gaylord Opryland Hotel

After our lunch we went to the Opryland Hotel that we had heard good things about.  In fact as we were pulling in my mother called to tell us we should go there.  She didn't even know we were in Nashville.  We found some free parking in the back, better than $18 in the front and decided to see the ICE! show.  I had heard a lot of good things about going to these displays that they have around the country, but I didn't really know what to expect.  I knew the theme was Merry Madagascar, but I didn't realize ALL the ice sculptures were from the movie.  It was really cold.  Bring a hat.



The sculptures were pretty neat, very bright and fun, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't based on a cartoon or if I were 20 years younger.  Albert enjoyed taking lots of pictures.  Quentin stayed pretty quiet.  I think he was just trying to stay warm.


They wouldn't let us go on the slide because you can only go one at a time.  I was a little bummed.  I did like the Statue of Liberty and the pink Eiffel Tower.


My favorite part was the nativity at the end.  I wish more the displays were like this one.

Comments

Popular Posts