Recipe of the Week: Quick Spinach, Tomato, & Bacon Quiche

I based this recipe off of my favorite quiche recipe found on All Recipes.   I used part mozzarella for the cheese because I ran out of Swiss and then I added frozen spinach that I drained and diced tomatoes to make it a little more healthy.  It was very yummy.


Ingredients:
  • 8 slices bacon 
  • 2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese 
  • 2 ounces shredded Mozzerella 
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted 
  • 4 eggs, beaten 
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 
  • 1 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose {Jules GF} flour 
  • 1 1/2 cups milk 
  • 3/4 cup frozen spinach, drained 
  • 1/3 cup diced tomatoes 
  • I added basil for fun

Directions: 
  1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. 
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan. 
  3. Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and crumbled bacon. Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour, tomatoes, spinach, and milk; whisk together until smooth; pour into pie pan. 
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until set. Serve hot or cold.

Comments

Popular Posts