Recipe of the Week: Chicken and Dumplings

I found the gluten-free dumpling recipe on Gluten Freely which is General Mills GF recipe site.  I made up the chicken soup recipe myself.  It reminded me of when I was little and we'd visit my great grandma who made the best chicken and dumplings :)  You can make the dumplings out of regular Bisquick here.


Ingredients:

Chicken Soup
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 1 lb chicken, cubed
  • 3 carrots, sliced
  • 2 ribs celery, sliced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • Parsley
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Dumplings
  • 3/4 c gluten-free bisquick
  • 1/3 c milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T Parsley
Directions:

Add all of the chicken soup ingredients into the crock pot beginning with the chicken, carrots, onions, and celery.  Add parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.  You can cook the chicken ahead of time or cook it in the crock pot.  In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, butter, egg and parsley with fork just until blended. Gently drop dough by 8 rounded spoonfuls over soup mixture.  Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are soft.

Comments

Popular Posts