Recipe of the Week: Pancit
I used this recipe I found on All Recipes. It's good and makes A LOT. Enough for a party. I would half the recipe. We found out that Filipinos usually serve this dish for birthdays and the long noodles signify a long life.
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 lemons - cut into wedges, for garnish
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm water. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in chicken cabbage, carrots and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften.
- Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.