Recipe of the Week: Baked Potato Soup
I found this creamy soup recipe on Mama Loves Food!, found on Pinterest. I halved the recipe when I made it and it filled my crock pot so I recommend not making the whole recipe unless you have a gigantic crock pot and a huge family. It was a super easy recipe, you don't even have to peel the potatoes and it's very good, the bacon adds a nice flavor and texture. I think I liked it more than Albert so it might be more of a chick dish.
- 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, whole
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese (I used 8oz regular and 8oz lowfat)
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning (like Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning)
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
Yields about 10-12 servings.