Recipe of the Week: Baked Potato Soup

I found this creamy soup recipe on Mama Loves Food!, found on Pinterest.  I halved the recipe when I made it and it filled my crock pot so I recommend not making the whole recipe unless you have a gigantic crock pot and a huge family.  It was a super easy recipe, you don't even have to peel the potatoes and it's very good, the bacon adds a nice flavor and texture.  I think I liked it more than Albert so it might be more of a chick dish.



Ingredients:
  • 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes 
  • 1 large yellow onion, diced 
  • 10 cloves of garlic, whole 
  • 8 cups chicken stock 
  • 16 oz cream cheese (I used 8oz regular and 8oz lowfat) 
  • 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning (like Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning) 
Garnishes:
  • Crumbled bacon 
  • Shredded cheddar cheese 
  • Green onions 
Directions:
  1. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker. 
  2. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours. 
  3. Remove and puree the garlic cloves along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot. 
  4. Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended. 
  5. Top with your choice of garnishes & serve! 
 Yields about 10-12 servings.

Comments

Popular Posts