One of our favorite vegetables is a baked sweet potato. They are so easy and good. I like to just add butter and maybe a little brown sugar. Albert likes his with butter, salt, and pepper. It's one of those things that is so easy you might not know the recipe (like me). They are especially good on a cool day when you need to turn on the oven for an hour just to warm up. I used this recipe on Real Simple.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Make a slit in the top of each sweet potato.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of butter and season as you like.