Closet Organization

We are SLOWLY getting our place put together.  The first "room" we finished was our bedroom closet.  This is the first time we've actually shared a closet and it's worked out well.  I'm really happy with it.  I had to keep my clothes in the guest room closet until it was finished so I'm doubly happy it's done.

This is our before picture:



While doing the remodel we painted all our closets white, including ceilings. Albert added a rack on the far wall where I can hang my long clothes.  Originally we only had one rack that was there was really old so Albert replaced that too.  We bought the crates on the shelf at Wal-Mart and Target where we put my nice purses and our bedding.   I keep my nice scarves in the hat boxes on the floor.


We used our Double Hang Closet Rods to make the lower rack for my shirts.



We bought all new hangers.  We used to have a mix of plastic and wire hangers and I am so happy with our new thin velvet no slip hangers.


I love this jewelry organizer I bought off of Amazon.com.  I have one with hooks that hangs on the wall, but I have way too many necklaces and they were always getting tangled.

Household Essentials 80-Pocket Cotton Canvas Jewelry Organizer

Albert finally has a tie rack where he can keep them nice.


We keep our belts on an over the door rack


My bigger, not as nice bags are hung on the back of the door.


I bought a scarf hanger from IKEA where we keep all our warm scarves in the coat closet.  This is so nice!  It's very sturdy and holds a lot of weight.


Albert put this shoe rack up inside our coat closet.  He bought the materials at Home Depot.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
Doesn't it feel great to get organized? I just wish it stayed organized. Or maybe that's just a problem I have. Anyway, good job and I like the color coordinated shirts.
Cashelle said…
What some good ideas!! I LOVE the double closet rod. Where did you get that? I need one. I'm trying to use 1/2 of our closet as my craft room! Ha ha.
Unknown said…
We got ours at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (love those coupons!), but you can also get them on Amazon.

Popular Posts