We have been eating a lot of sweet potatoes lately so I decided to combine our two favorites: sweet potatoes and risotto. You can find this tasty and healthy recipe here. It's not to say that it's low fat.
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio or other short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 3/4 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton), warmed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray 3-quart nonstick saucepan with cooking spray. Heat wine to boiling in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in wine 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Stir in rice. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sweet potato and 1/2 cup of the broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is completely absorbed. Stir in an additional 1/2 cup broth. Continue cooking about 20 minutes, stirring constantly and adding broth 1/2 cup at a time after previous additions have been absorbed, until rice is creamy and just tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.