Wyoming

Quentin and I went to Wyoming July 11-21 to visit my side of the family.  He had to meet all his aunts, uncles, cousins, and (great) grandparents so I shuttled him from one house to another.  We had a lot of fun, but missed Albert like crazy who stayed home to bring home the bacon.  

Wyoming has gotten a lot of rain this year and is particularly green and highs were in the mid-80s.  It was beautiful.  Funny how places are always much nicer when you've been away from them for awhile.  Even the smell of sagebrush after rain was lovely.  Coming home to one of the many heat waves we've had in the DC area only made it worse.

I went on a motorcycle ride and a four-wheeler ride while there.  It was great.  The sky was so blue and the grass was the color of emeralds which contrasted beautifully with the brick red dirt road.  There were pretty little violet and yellow wild flowers and even some Indian Paintbrush speckled through out the fields.  I just couldn't get over the huge sky in Wyoming.  In DC the sky is usually grey and murky and you can't see very much of it because of buildings and trees.


I loved watching Quentin interacting with his kin.  It was fun to see people react to this little person I've made and also his reactions to them.  He is generally very happy and smiley especially around new people even if he's tired or hungry.  Funny how he's already started acting on his best behavior in front of others.

We mostly hung out at whoever's home we were staying at, but I did get some shopping in and my hair cut.  We also were able to stop by Salt Lake on my way to my grandma's in central Utah and visit our good friend Kim who was in town from Denver also visiting family.  We miss them a lot.

I'm really glad we got to visit all my living grandparents on this trip.  That was my main reason for going.  Their health isn't all that great anymore so I cherish any visit I get.

My biological dad is moving to Houston in September so we'll be visiting him only in the cooler months from now on :)


Some more pictures of my cute boy on our trip:

Comments

kimi + joe said…
That's an amazing photo of Wyoming's landscape! Wow. So good seeing you and the little fellow. I can imagine he was quite the ham meeting all those relatives and I'm sure they relished their time with you guys.

Popular Posts