Tip of the Day

I love tips.  I love getting them and giving them.  Everyone can use little ways to improve their lives.  Today's tip is roasted chicken.


While my mom was here after Quentin was born she baked a chicken for us and then made three meals out of it.  We haven't tried baking any chickens because we've found at our local commissary they mark down the rotisserie chickens right before the store closes.  I've seen on the internet that many Wal-Marts discount their rotisserie chickens to half off after 8:00 PM as well.  If your grocery store doesn't do this you can always get a whole chicken and learn how to bake it.  My mom says it's really easy. 

We went on Saturday and I asked the deli guys if they were going to mark down the chicken and they said no!  I was waiting for Albert not far from the chicken when I saw a worker putting new price tags on the chicken.  They had totally lied to my face!  So I went over and grabbed a whole chicken for $2.99 and a half a chicken for $1.99 and Albert grabbed a turkey breast for $1.99.  We almost cleaned them out!  We surmise that they were trying to save the chicken for themselves since it's such a great deal. 

There is a lot of different things you can do with chicken.  A few things we have made are:
  • chicken with rice and gravy (you could do potatoes if you'd like)
  • add chicken to pasta sauce
  • chicken quesadillas
  • chicken enchiladas
  • chicken noodle soup
  • chicken salad sandwich
  • add chicken to a salad
  • chicken tacos

Comments

Popular Posts