Week 4 Renovations - Update

We've been going over to the condo daily to see the progress and to make sure everything is going according to plan. Overall we really like how everything is turning out and are happy with the quality of work being done. Like this bathroom tile. I LOVE it!


What I don't like is the pace things are being done.  Every-so-often we are promised a surge of work, but it never happens.  Last weekend a whole bunch of work was supposed to be done on Friday and Saturday, but only a little bit was done on Friday and nothing on Saturday.  Then the counter tops were supposed to be installed on Monday and now they say Friday.  Unfortunately we have to leave our current apartment by Saturday and so it has to be livable by then.  We have been told that it will be, I'm not holding my breath, but I REALLY hope it happens this time.

It's a good thing we've been visiting everyday because yesterday we noticed they had bought the wrong color for one of the vanities.  I wish we could be around to make sure things go the way we want them to then we could have avoided a soap dish being installed despite specifically asking that it not be three times both in person and by email.  {I just don't get why we need to install soap dishes anymore since everyone uses body wash and I always hit my leg on it.  Plus it really bugs me when Albert puts his stuff on there and I constantly knock it off.  Needless to say our next home will NOT have a stupid soap dish.}

Another thing that has been stressing me out is that the plumber made a mess of our brand new carpet and now they have just given up on trying to keep it nice at all.  We have been promised that it will be cleaned to our satisfaction after the job is over.  That is a promise that will be kept I assure you.

Here's the kitchen and living room.  Not much has changed since last week except for electrical stuff, new side walls, and molding has been installed all around the living room and kitchen.  The molding is now done and looks really nice.  They have also texturized the ceiling in the kitchen to match the living room.  We actually would prefer to have all the ceilings smooth, but it was a lot easier (read: inexpensive) to just texturize the kitchen than to make the living room smooth.  We are also painting all the ceilings white since they are currently cream.


You can also sort of see our new furniture in the living room pictures so I included those as well.

Comments

M + D said…
Looks like they are moving along! It will be so beautiful + nice when it's all done!! I also hate the soap holder!haha
kimi + joe said…
Oh lu lu, I really love that tile flooring and subway tiled wall. Excellent choice and you have my stamp of approval.

Popular Posts