Many moons ago I made this delicious, pretending-to-be-healthy-by-adding-vegetables cake. You can tell it was a long time ago from the picture of my mid-section which doesn't look anything like that anymore and it's not solely due from eating all that cake.
Betty Crocker has four gluten-free baking mixes, gluten-free Bisquick, and a website full of recipes so you can jazz up those mixes and look like you're a great baker. You can find this recipe here. Yum!
- 1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker® Gluten Free devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cake mix for streusel; set aside. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, zucchini, cinnamon, cloves, water and eggs on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread in pan.
- In small bowl, mix reserved 1/4 cup cake mix and streusel ingredients with fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 44 to 49 minutes for 8-inch pan or 38 to 43 minutes for 9-inch pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.