We love the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Scallopine so much we decided to see how it would taste using tilapia as a slightly healthier option. We really like this and eat it as often as I will allow (Albert would eat it everyday if he could). We halved the recipe and made some changes to make it gluten free.
- White Rice/Quinoa Spaghetti
- 2 Tilapia Filets
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Jules Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/2 teaspoon (heaping) Capers
- Salt and pepper both sides of the tilapia, then dredge in flour. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken breasts until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Throw mushrooms into the pan and stir. Immediately pour in wine, and then squeeze juice of lemon. Stir to deglaze the pan, and then cook vigorously for 1 minute, until sauce reduces.
- Pour in cream and stir, then add capers and parsley and stir. Turn off heat. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Don’t under salt!
- Place rice/pasta and chicken on a platter and top with every last drop of sauce. Generously sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the top.