A friend of ours was sick so I decided to make some brownies, but I wanted to make a plain brownie mix a little more exciting so I used this recipe off of the Betty Crocker site and made Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies. Although the brownies I used were not gluten-free, I will definitely be adding the peanut butter and chocolate topping to the next batch I make. The peanut butter topping tastes like Reeses Pieces, yum! I give this 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.
- 1 pan of brownies of your choice
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator