We wanted fish, but we needed a different recipe with ingredients we had on hand. I found this recipe that had a nice flavor. I also made Potato Kugel. From the ingredients it seems gluten-free and it was pretty tasty. Albert really liked the kugel with the sauce from the fish. I give the fish 3 out of 5 stars and the kugel 3 1/2 stars out of 5. It was nice to have something fun and different.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped (we used canned tomatoes)
- 1 cup white wine
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.
- Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.