Recipe of the Week: Thai Noodles with Peanut Sauce

My mom sent me a recipe for Thai Noodles and Peanut Sauce and I had to try it. I arranged the recipe so it's a little easier to understand than the version she sent me.  I used Thai rice noodles since they're more authentic and they're gluten free, but the package was 13 ounces instead of 16 ounces so we had a little extra sauce.

Dressing:
  • 4 T fresh ginger - chopped
  • 2 T garlic
  • 1/3 c brown sugar
  • 3/4 c toasted sesame oil
  • 1 c red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1/3 c {gf} soy sauce

Vegetables:
  • 2 c broccoli florets
  • 1 c baby carrots
  • 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced

Pasta:  1 lb. Thai rice noodles (spaghetti noodles)

Directions:
  1. Blend all dressing ingredients until smooth. Adjust consistency.
  2. Saute vegetables.
  3. Cook noodles according to package directions.
  4. Warm sauce. Toss with vegetables and noodles.
  5. Can be served warm or cold.


I liked the recipe, but it had too much oil and too much vinegar.  I'd like to make it again, but I'd definitely have to adjust the proportions.  It's still quite good and and we give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts