I recently received a free subscription of Family Circle and I made a recipe that I found in there for Lemony Flounder. We only had tilapia so I used that and it turned out well. It was easy and had a pretty nice flavor. It wasn't amazing, but I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 T fresh chopped parsley
- 1 t dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 flounder filets
- 1 1/3 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- Heat large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, parsley, and oregano and spritz with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Uncover and add lemon zest and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Pour wine or water, vegetable broth, and lemon juice in to skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add fish to skillet and cook, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes, until opaque, carefully flipping half way through.
- Serve over rice or orzo.