Cianna + Jeffrey's Wedding: Reception

I had planned on their being lulls of time during the wedding where we would have to wait for everyone to get settled or listen to long speeches, but this reception kept hopping.  I loved the way they planned everything.  They wasted no time getting everyone on the dance floor and the band was great.  If you are planning a wedding in Southern Florida and want a live band you should look into the Heat Wave.  They were fun and really good singers. 





We were sitting at the "Washington, DC" table with Cianna's other friends from DC including the maid-of-honor.  The bride and groom sat at their own little table right behind us :) I really liked how they split people up according to where they were from because then we were able to talk to people a) we already knew and b) could hang out with sometime in the future. 



The bride and groom made their entrance and went straight to the dance floor.  They went into their first dance pretty quick and during that same song they danced with each other's parents and their own and then his grandparents.  It was fun and didn't take up a lot of time with all the father/daughter, son/mother dances.  I think there were maybe two other slow songs the whole night.





It was really hopping when they did the Hora, or chair dance.  I was excited about this since I'd seen it on tv and it always looked fun.  It was a great time.  I wish we could have done that at our wedding, but it might have been a little odd for our mostly non-Jewish guests.  Maybe for our 50 wedding anniversary :)


We all got in a circle on the dance floor and went in to hug the bride & groom at the same time.  We did this a few times and it was fun, but a little awkward since there were dudes I didn't know in front of me and I didn't feel super comfortable hugging them.



The best man and maid-of-honor have their short speeches and Jeff's grandpa blessed the bread or "Motzi" before we ate.  The food was incredible and I could barely breath my dress was so tight.  The salad was delicious, which was followed up by steak, potatoes, and shrimp.  All wonderful!




There was much more dancing and then they cut the cake, a red velvet cake with butter cream frosting.  We danced until almost mid-night and then we decided to go back to our hotel but the dance floor was still full when we left.  The next morning I heard there was an after party after the reception.  They really know how to party!


Comments

Unknown said…
Tiff i love it! You are the best storyteller. :)

Popular Posts